Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Columbia is Off the Hook!

Hey Mom and Dad:

It was good to hear from you both today Sounds like things are way awesome back at home. A lot going on. I’m pumped that Peter was able to head back out to Honduras.

How're my kiddos doing? I haven't heard from them in a while. I hear about them, but a letter from the kids is always cute. Hob... see what you can hook up for me, okay? Get your cousins together and send me something good :) I got a letter from Auntie Cath last week, and thanks Ali Barnes for the email. It was great to hear from both of you.

To answer your questions: my district meeting went well. I tried to give some good training on bringing up baptism in every lesson. I am drinking lots of water. I am eating okay. Elder A is great. We're having fun and working hard. It’s a new month so we have been given more miles!! We're allotted about 40 a day now. We were doing about 25 a day. It will be nice to go find some new areas and such.

It's been a great week. We've have had some good rain. It’s nuts! Just comes out of nowhere. And the lightning and thunder is crazy. We were watching a film with an investigator and it just dumped. And the thunder was over powering the audio on the film. I could be wrong, but it sounded like it hit the trailer next door. So weird. The humidity is unbelievable. I think I’m getting used to it though. Although people keep saying - this is nothing! ... I wish they'd stop telling me that.

There is a baptism this weekend for two little girls that we’ve been teaching with another set of elders. They are a Hispanic family and live in the English elder’s area. So we go over to keep the parents updated and teach the girls with the other elders. It's going to be a wonderful baptism. The sisters had their baptism last weekend. It went really well. One girl from a family of six. They're working with the rest of the family.

Other than that Columbia is off the hook! Not much time to write this week. Sorry! Love ya!

Elder Stoneman

No comments:

Post a Comment