Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Que ha hecho hoy?

For those of you none espanol-ers... that means "What have you done today?" Funny part is... in Spanish you don't pronounce h's. So try saying that without them and making it one word. It's Chinese-esque...

Mom and Dad. Hi!! Thank you so much for the package. It rocked my freakin socks. I was pumped to get it... I got it on Thursday. I’m happy about everything that was in there. MIS PANTALONES!!! holla. haha. I loved the odor-free stuff... and am putting it to good use... if you know what I mean :) the sewing kit I know I will use. Thank you. Love you tons.

Hey! So how is everyone? Man! Can I just say I love getting letters! It's the goods.

Holmans!!! Thank you so much for the dearelder-Holman-family-breakdown. The letter from everyone made my day. :) Thank you. and ps I miss you guys too.

Gunther and Calvin!!! Thank you so much for your letters and harsh words to missions. you're lucky the Church doesn't have feelings... or they'd probably be hurt. haha. Love you boys... hope you got my letters okay, Ben and Me. Sam and Kell, expect a letter with pics this week.

Molly thank you for the dearelder and am looking forward to your package. You're the bomb. Love you. McKay... thanks again for the updates... they've been pretty regular so every week I’ve been looking forward to it. As for whether I want football or box office... either! Any outside world info will do fine. Keep me updated on good movies, good football, and the Jazz!!

Max and Brooke - hope everything is well in J-town. Thanks for your letters. Max thank you for the advice and the laugh. I always appreciate both in your letters. Thank you.

So this week (last Friday to be exact... WHICH happened to be my 1 month mark... holla... half way through the MTC... once again holla) our district did an "English fast." Absolutely NO English - all Spanish... in case you didn't get it :) haha. I was so pumped for it... but the actual day itself was hard - Spanish is HARD. I take that back... the day didn't suck... it was just draining. Surprisingly though, I did okay and I’m feeling that I’m doing well with my Spanish. I’m comin along. One more time... holla.

Jessica... I don't know if I got a chance to thank you or not for your letter to me. Thank you. and Auntie Mary too... sorry if I already have or never did... everything runs together here…With email though, I’m just able to print them off... and enjoy it without my 30 min timer keepin me on my toes... AND STRESSING ME OUT OF MY MIND!

So mom and dad moved... WHAT?!?! haha... I feel like Molly... the fam moving while I’m gone... luckily though I’m not in a 3rd world country and it isn't around 9/11. haha that sucks Mol. I’m feelin for you.

Every Sunday we are to write a talk in our mission language and have it be about 5 minutes. The catch though is that they don't tell anyone (or even the very person for that matter) who is speaking until during the meeting!!! The first two Sundays were fast Sunday and G.C. so we had it easy. The week after that another district was leaving so they had them talk. So our district has had it pretty easy. Now don't get me wrong... I always prepare. This week though... another district in our branch started a rumor that Elder Finch would be speaking. hahaha. It was funny... they told him right before Sacrament Meeting and to watch him flip through his scriptures was awesome. I felt like Dad... in on a good tease. When they announced who was speaking though... it was ME!!! "Elder Stone-" and my mind’s going "NOOOOOOOOO" in a desperate/helpless Ned Flanders kind of way. Every week I was even prepared for them to say my name. This week though I did NOT see it coming. So I run up to the pulpit and roughly convey Christ’s ministry and atonement in the best Spanish I could muster. It turned out pretty well (besides my district giggling and other Elders making faces). I got through it and to my surprise I actually took up the whole 5 minutes. holla. I got some good feedback too. But wow... you would not believe how big my eyes got. I felt like Skyler. haha The SAME thing happened to him- unexpectantly and then sweating up at the stand. haha Make sure the Holmans get this!

Speaking of the Elder that's leaving, his district is in my zone and they are all going to Argentina... or at least are supposed to! haha only 4 of the 12 got their visas. Ouch. So they're sending the other 8 state side. which is weird because a district that left our zone 2 weeks ago... had two missionaries without visas and those two are STILL at the MTC... 11 weeks here. Double ouch. haha I hope South Carolina doesn’t suddenly start requiring visas. haha

So I wanted to just finish up and thank everyone again for the support and letters. I am doing great here. I feel that I’m growing a lot (a whole 3 pounds!!!) haha... maturing, and really getting ready to serve. I’m pumped. The MTC isn't all that bad... it's going by quite fast and I’m learning so much. I’m growing so much spiritually too. I’m expanding my knowledge of the gospel and the scriptures and learning to follow the spirit. I am helped and comforted daily by the spirit... without it... I’d be home. But luckily I had it and still have and am just continuing on. I feel great, I’m happy and am freakin' PUMPED to serve. I love this gospel and church and know it's true.

Love you and miss you all!!

Elder A. Stoneman

No comments:

Post a Comment