Tuesday, November 3, 2009

"...and the muffins were still warm..."

About the title - okay so Elder Finch gets about a package every 4 days. hahaha. Hilarious. I don't really care but the other guys in the district give him the business. Elder Finch literally has gotten 10 packages here. Mostly it's his mom's baking and she just drives over to the MTC and drops it off... in a box (did I tell you he's from Provo... and that HE WALKED HERE?!?! No lie... he did. with his family... with all of his luggage... and with a wagon.) Anyway... so last week he got a package and one of the Elders here was like "Seriously?!?! Again?!?!?!" So Elder Finch opened his package and it was a bunch of muffins his mom baked... and yes you guessed it... his muffins were still warm.

Hola! How are my peeps? Man! I miss you all so much. But all of the lovin’, packages, pics, etc really do help. The time here is just going faster. In fact I’m nervous to leave... in 3 weeks. AH!!! What???? haha. Seriously though, I’ll probably be getting my flight plans in a week. Insane.

Mom and Dad. how did the move go? All settled in? How did G Street end up? How's the new pad? Send pics. How are the Goomi? I’m sending them a letter this week. Well I hope everything is well with you both... I love you so much.

Molly and McKay thank you for the package. Absolutely loved it. A letter is on the way for you two by the way. Oh and of course Graham. I’m sure he'll be pumped to hear from me :)

So on the Tuesday night devotional last week, epic. They didn’t let anyone in until like 15 min before starting... and then the chorister told the missionary congregation to be more reverent... and there was a bunch of security. something was going down. Well... before each huge devo we always sing before the meeting starts and while we were singing... who walks in...? a GA! en serio!! Elder L Tom Perry spoke to us. He talked about teaching and gave some good advice... it was so awesome. The spirit was so strong in that meeting.

So I mentioned that some elders didn't receive their visas. they finally left this morning... they got here august 12th. Ouch. 12 weeks. Now there is another group in our district that didn't get their visas so they're here for 2 more weeks. Ouch.

Elder Finch is trying to gain weight. It's awesome. He got here weighing 109. And he has aspirations to get to 125... I’ve come to like him. We get along great. no arguments. And we teach pretty well together.

Oh... so I’m now the district leader for 16-D. Much like last week, I thought (and was hoping) that Elder Finch would get called... mostly because it'd be hilarious... but boy was I wrong. haha It's okay though. I’m fine with the calling. And now I get to pick up the mail. :) haha.

Well I’m off but I’ll leave with just saying... I’m so pumped for this opportunity. I’ve grown so much and I know I have a lot more to go. My testimony has grown. I’ve really learned to love personal study. I can't wait for the field. I love this gospel. I love this church. I love missionary work. I’m doing fine. and yes.. I’m staying sane. or at least I THINK I am. haha. I love you all. Write me on dearELDER

Elder A. Stoneman

No comments:

Post a Comment