Wednesday, November 11, 2009

So Elder Finch totally had swine flu this week... Ouch.

haha Scared ya didn't I? You thought I had it... No I didn't, but more about that later.

Hey mom and dad. I hope this email finds you well. I hope things are great in the new house. I’m pumped for you both. I want pics.

Dad!!! Thank you so much for the package. Freakin Awesome. Loved everything including the Dove chocolates... And you know how they always write on the inside of the wrappers on those? hahaha Well what we didn't realize (until we read: float candles in a dish of cranberries for a center piece) that the theme for this certain package was "Martha Stewart holiday tips on every wrapper!" hahahaha We had fun with that. Some of my favorites were:

"Gingerbread stays fresh longer than most cookies"
and
"Ornaments add unexpected sparkle to the table"

Thanks Martha.

So yeah I hope everyone is doing great. You all sound great. Thanks to everyone who wrote this week: Jana, Jess, boys, mom, dad, McKay, Molly, Starlee, and Sky.

Abby Gibbons... we know a mutual person. Elder Brennon Butler. He's in my district. In fact we live in the same room. haha Weird but awesome coincidence.

So Elder Finch and I (AND another elder in our district) all have the same suit. We try not to wear them all on the same day. haha. But we've come to find out that half the missionaries here own it too. Popular suit. haha. Mr. Mac knows whats up.

Okay so enough of the little fun facts. Now... to the swine flu story.... and yes it is real for those who are thinking by this point "wait did that actually happen?" haha

So last Monday (literally right after I sent my email) Elder Finch was talking about his swollen glands. And he didn't really think much of it until a few hours later when he took his own temperature - 100.8. ah! So I said "Elder Finch are you sure you don't want to go to the health clinic...?" "Uh... yeah maybe we should go." So Elder Grow (live with him) and I gave him a blessing. It's a good thing we did too because I was just thinking we'd give him one when we got back... little did I know that I’d never see him again. For serious.

We walk to the front desk because the clinic is closed and she takes his temp which has raised another degree. She said to go to the clinic and just bang on the door really loudly and someone would answer. So while waiting for Elder Finch in the clinic (not realizing at this point that he might have swine flu) there is another elder waiting for his comp . He is Spanish-speaking and the lady comes out and tries to tell him that his comp has swine flu... I attempt to translate. And he starts bawling. And I’m like "it's alright elder" then the lady turns to me and says "Oh I have news for you too" Elder finch had swine flu!!! En serio.

So I didn't see Elder Finch after that. Well until we went back to the residence and security had brought him there to pick up his things for QUARENTINE! haha MTC is awesome. He had a mask on... and Elder Butler was crackin jokes to security about if we had to burn our room and all of the stuff inside now… But hey! No worries ya'll, I’m okay - I'm on the pill. :) They are giving each missionary in the district Tamiflu.

So this last week I joined the Grow and Butler companionship. And I realized how much I've come to love Elder Finch. What a guy.

Yesterday the intercom system in the classrooms went off saying, "Elder Augustus Stoneman. Your companion's ready to picked up. Would you please come pick up your companion." Hilarious thing to say on the intercom.

Wait. First you need to know that Elder Finch is always munching on some kind of candy or cookie wandering aimlessly around the residence.

We picked him up as a district. and within 10 minutes of being back he was wandering around eating a pop tart. One of the elders said "See? This is what I missed - Elder Finch walkin around, eatin stuff!" haha Very true. Elder Finch is better and I have pills to last me til Thursday. No swine flu for me. As for me and Finch, we are going to work extra hard this week to make up for all of the study we missed out on without each other.

So ever since I became DL, our district's been falling apart, dropping like flies! As a district we've collectively been to the health clinic enough times to potentially hire a new a nurse there. haha. Our district has suffered: swine flu, back injury, foot injury, unexplained hive outbreak (3 different times this week), and sinus infection. So I'm either a lousy DL or a great one because I've avoided the various plagues. I'm as healthy as a horse - just stayin strong for the elders. Haha

Hey so I totally get my flight plans this week! holla. Next Monday I will write with all of the flight info to let you all know when I’ll be calling. haha Calling is kosher .... airport visits... not so much. But I will call for sure.

Well I had a cool experience this week... I made an RC call in Spanish! It was awesome... and totally freaky! I was pretty nervous. But the lady I talked to could understand me and I somewhat understood her. The Church is true... just gonna throw that out there. So we talked and I eventually asked if she wanted a BoM. She said yeah - or rather - si. Also I sent the missionaries over to her house. I'm glad I sent the BoM over with the missionaries too. Once again - Church is true.

Well I'm out. But I love you all. Adios.

Paz
Elder A. Stoneman

No comments:

Post a Comment