Monday, September 26, 2011

Holy Cow!

Monday, September 26, 2011

Holy Cow!

This is nuts. I was doing alright until I opened my email inbox this morning. I got about 10 emails almost all of which were entitled something to the effect of "holy cow."

Holy cow is right. I couldn't help but include it in my own title.

This last week has been so awesome. Best way to end the mission.

Elder Augilar and I found a ton of new people. We have 7 people on date in the month of October. We taught a couple as well who came to church. They followed us there. It has just been way fun. We have worked hard and the Lord blessed us.

We went out last Monday night and found this kid who is 15 years old. He was pretty interested. At the end of our porch lesson with him, we went to go and get a pamphlet out of the car. Elder Aguilar felt impressed to stay behind and talk to him. Elder Aguilar said to him, "Sorry, I still learning English. I from Mexico." The young man responded, "You’re from Mexico?!?! I have a good buddy from Mexico." It turns out this good buddy is a recent convert in the Spanish branch who is 13 and way active and solid in the gospel. So we've taught him with this friend of his and he came to church yesterday.

R and E are the couple that we found. Way cool. They were waiting outside for us to come and guide them to church. They are cool.

Saturday evening was the dia de hispanidad. The Hispanic culture celebration party. It was awesome!! All kinds of food and culture. There were dances from various countries. It was so cool. Taliq came. Members brought their friends. Part member families came. And some more of our investigators came. It was so great.

Church was pretty cool. I bore my testimony. We had 3 investigators there. It was just a good last week. I’m happy about it.

But now I’m trunked. You finally got me. I contained it until now. And now I’m freakin out!

I’m totally kidding. I’m only kind of trunky.

Today we ate at a barbeque restaurant. Probably my last good southern meal. I’m getting fed by some Hispanic families tonight and tomorrow. I have to pack today. I’ll be sending home a package or two. Don’t open in case they beat me there.

Wednesday is transfers. I get to see the other end and point of view of the transfer week. I am confident that all will go well. I am grateful for my mission. Missionary work is helping the Master in his work and glory to help others live the gospel. I love these people so much.

Being a missionary is such a blessing that I will be forever grateful. There is no greater calling. I am humbled by the experiences and trials I have faced. Especially this last transfer. I was not able to baptize. I learned this lesson even more so in the past six weeks that all the miracles and success stories I have seen throughout the entire mission have all been by the hand of the Lord. He has carried me and helped me do His work and has allowed me to participate in many conversions.... and I’m not totally sure why. But I do know that His hand was there – and it was not me. For "as to my own strength I am nothing." I am grateful to have studied the Savior and his glorious plan of redemption. I am grateful to have taught the message of restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ everyday to new people. and of these things I have established and fortified a testimony.

I love you all and thank you for your support and encouragement. Thank you for your love and prayers.

Elder Augustus Archer Stoneman

No comments:

Post a Comment