Wednesday, January 19, 2011

To Dear Old Dad

Hey DOD:

Thanks for the email. Things are going great. I am glad things are great there too. Work sounds like a great blessing.

Hey scripture time. So I was thinking about it. Alma 29:9 is a really great scripture on missionary work. "...this is my joy"

Dad.... the mission is so great. Time is flying. I’m really going to miss it. Thank you for your support and encouragement growing up to serve a mission. I don't know if you remember this story but it came to mind the other day... I had to have been around ten, but I was obviously nervous to leave and asked you if I could just stay home and study the scriptures instead of going.... you very kindly, but straight forwardly told me no. hahahahaha. Gotta love it. I think I also asked one time if I could take mom. Leaving was tough... but I’m surprised and grateful how quick I got over it. I now know that I will always be able to survive on my own. ...unless you and mom are going out to eat.... then I’ll tag along.

I don't have much time this week either to write. I apologize. So forward this to mom.

Hey real quick. Transfers. I have a new assignment. President McConkie called and "wants to keep a closer eye on me..." Tomorrow I will be transferred in to be an assistant to the president. I don't know much more beyond that. other than - pdays will probably be on Saturdays (so I’ll write then) and that I will continue to work on the military base and work with the Spanish investigators I currently have... plus be in the office with president.

Love you too dad

Elder Stoneman

No comments:

Post a Comment