Monday, October 25, 2010

Hey Ya'll

Hey ya'll...

Thanks for the emails. Thank the Goomi for the letter. Happy birthday McKay. How are you, Mol, and the Burg doin’?

Mom... downtown Charleston is so cool. I wish you could see it. I picked up a couple of things there for you and for the fam. I’ll be sending home another package in the next few weeks.... don't open it.... and keep it safe. It will contain a few SOUV's.... :)

Auntie Cath.... I haven't spent the cash... today we are thinking of going to Fort Sumter or bowling (depending on time).... neither of which I have done on my mission. Something crazy. And we may go out to eat. Thanks again.

R and A were baptized! I’m so pumped. Man it was great!! It was a really spiritually uplifting baptismal service. Sister W, a Spanish RM, spoke. We watched "By Small and Simple Things" and then the missionaries sang - "I need thee every hour". Elder C baptized A.... in Spanish. He had to redo it because he got the name wrong but he did it like a champ. R was baptized by Bro T - a really cool guy who fellowshipped R and A. These were first baptisms for both Elder C and Brother T. On Sunday I confirmed A in Spanish. Elder C confirmed R in English.

Transfers.... we got the calls. As zone leaders we receive the call from the assistants and then call the zone. Our zone has 12 companionships - 24 missionaries in total.... 12 of them are leaving. Every companionship is changing. Crazy stuff. It’s a big transfer. I.... am staying. Elder C is leaving and so is Elder D. Elder P and I get to stay together as zone leaders. I’m excited. 3 transfers with Elder P! He is the man. Elder P is training a new missionary, and I’ll find out who my regular companion is on wed.

By the end of next transfer, I will have been in this area for 6 months.... plus I had the 6 months in Goose Creek. That means about a year of my mission will have been spent in Charleston.

Love to everyone,
Elder Stoneman

No comments:

Post a Comment