Monday, August 1, 2011

The Time is Far Spent

Hey y’all:

This week has just flown by. "The time is far spent... there is little remaining to publish glad tidings by sea and by land..."

I love my mission. As the time passes I find myself reminiscing of the good and hard times and I also feel an increased sense of urgency.

Thanks for the birthday package. It was the best... yes I opened it early. Worth it. hahaha. I’m looking forward to the do it yourself cake. yum. Elder Douglas and I will enjoy it for sure. Thanks for the cash as well. Monday is going to be a blast.

I love the cd mom. Thank you. It has some really great ones on it. When I read the title, my mind immediately went to Grandpa Gibbons and his book about the Savior’s mortal ministry. How is it coming along? Tell them I love them and pray the best their way.

I gave the other cd to President Holm. He was really touched. and thanked you profusely. He sends his and sister Holm’s love and thanks across the way. They called me today to tell me that they were listening to it and absolutely love it.

So at fort Jackson last week two soldiers were baptized. The first was brother K. He is just as awesome as his name. He just turned 18 and a few weeks ago he raised his hand saying he'd like to be baptized. We've been teaching him and he has been very accepting to the gospel and gospel living. So on Sunday I pulled him out after the sacrament was passed so that he could be interviewed. When I pulled him out his face was just drenched in sweat. It was a little warm in the building but I asked if he was nervous, he got a big grin on his face and said, "Yeah!" He was baptized. He is just a great guy. I have not seen anyone as happy as he was after baptism.
The experiences continue to be so incredible at Fort Jackson.

So it’s been another week with more of the same - interviews and trainings. We went down to Augusta for a meeting. President Holm is handling it all well. He will do some incredible things.

Love ya all,

Elder Stoneman

No comments:

Post a Comment