Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Blue PowerAde

It has been a very exciting week. Last Sunday sister W was baptized. I had her battle buddy/fellowshipper (the one from Goose Creek) baptize her. The water was freezing and needless to say it sure was a bummer when her knee didn't make it under the water. She came out shivering and was a little less enthused when we told her she had to do it again. She almost didn't let us. But she calmed down and when it came time for her to go under I went over and helped push her down under the water. She was quite the trooper. After her confirmation you could tell she was different. She felt the spirit and was so happy. She said a great light came over her. She was so excited and began to brag to her fellow soldiers that she "went under TWICE." It was a great day and my shirt and suit coat sleeves were soaked to tell the tale.

We had transfer planning Monday morning. Nothing is final so I won't let ya'll in on what's goin on. President McConkie also talked to the new mission pres on the phone. Exciting but weird. I can't imagine a new mission pres. President McConkie is doing well though. He is working very hard to get things ready for the new president.

Transfer planning is really cool. Moving people around is a lot of fun. It’s also kinda tricky. We sat with President and Sister McConkie in front of the transfer board at the mission home for about 6 hours trying to find and place leaders and missionaries where they are needed. It was a really cool experience. We'll be back at it on Monday to make some changes.

I went on exchanges again this week. This time to Myrtle Beach. Man!...that was weird. haha. It felt like I was in California / Las Vegas / South Carolina at the same time. AND from a distance I saw the ocean. I had a good time. I went out with Elder E from Mt. Caramel Utah. He is a cool guy. We came out together. Also Jessica knows him from SUU. I spent a few days there and we had some good success. I also met a ton of crazies. I’ll just say this much – there was an infuriated 60 year old woman who tried to kick us while on our bikes. And she then, as we were pedaling away, threw a blue PowerAde at us... an experience that I’ll probably only witness once in my life. Maybe twice.

While at Myrtle Beach I met a woman from Morocco. Max I got her to write you a note saying "hello" in Arabic and I also have another surprise for you.

Thanks for all your prayers! Love ya!!

Elder Stoneman

No comments:

Post a Comment