Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Return to Goose Creek

Hey Mom you sent that letter just in time. I was so glad to receive it. I also got a letter from Derick. Sounds like things are going really well for him. I also got a letter from the Goomi. Thank you so much for that.

I went on exchanges last week back into the Goose Creek area. Man! It was so cool to go back for a day. I loved working the old trailer parks - Piggly Wiggly, Summercreek, the pines, red bank... heck yeah! I loved it. It was also way sweet because I got to visit F and P. Man! They are doing so well. They really understand the gospel. They fed us of course.

Then the next day I went on another exchange back in my area. I don't remember if I ever mentioned Elder T - my DL from the Goose Creek days. He's now an assistant to the President. He came down to do exchanges with me. It was so fun. Spanish work. He doesn't speak Spanish... so I would just teach and then translate both ends during a lesson so Elder T could understand and teach as well. Pretty cool.

Other than that...

It has been a trying week. Towards the end of it I began to feel really inadequate and discouraged. I felt like it would be really tough to baptize much with Elder C. I took the advice from a previous training about dropping those investigators that wouldn't progress. We dropped two different investigators. It was tough, but we had faith. My spirits were lifted as the Lord blessed us... we had an amazing lesson with an investigator who is getting more and more solid for baptism on the 18th. And then someone (non member) showed up to church. A young woman who is living with her very active extended family for a year. Her uncle got up and bore his testimony in Spanish and told her that he wasn't asking her to convert but to be open to the gospel as they would be taking to her church every week. It was incredible. We are going to see them on Thursday. The ups and downs on the mission are pretty huge. I've learned how to endure them. I still may get frustrated every now and then, but I press forward.

I really hope I’m with Elder C for one more transfer. We have some really cool people coming up and I want to baptize with him. Transfer calls are on Saturday.

Keep C in your prayers. She is just right on the verge of conversion. Pray that she'll just accept and make that step. She and her son are scheduled for the 18th of Sept.

Well that's it for today. Elder P and I have zone leader council today. We have a general authority coming. I have to give a talk. yikes. My topic is what the mission needs. I chose to speak on consistency.

I love you guys.

Elder Stoneman

No comments:

Post a Comment