Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I am Loving the Field

It has been a pretty good week. I am loving the field. It's hard, but fun... I do miss everyone. I was so pumped opening up my emails this morning and seeing all the love waitin’ for me. boo yah. I thoroughly enjoyed all of news and updates. And the pics of Calvin in the ballet.

So, it is incredibly hot. I go through a full 2 liters of water in my camel back every day. It gets cloudy and then when the sun finally breaks through I feel like I’m in an oven. I can honestly say I’m a bit concerned about the summer.

The ward continues to be very friendly. We have a lot of member exchanges which is very nice. We need the rides.... and their testimonies too of course! Good people out here. Seriously. I love it.

We are teaching quite a few people now. The past couple of weeks Elder A and I have had some great success and blessings ... and have gotten some really good numbers! My district is doing so well. The sisters had 8 investigators at church!! I hold my first district meeting tomorrow.

We had a zone conference last Thursday. Amazing. There were some great trainings. There was an emphasis on the BoM and then towards the end of the meeting President issued the challenge for us to read the entire BoM in one transfer – in 6 weeks. and mark every reference to Christ. I'm so excited to do that and it will be a good experience. It already has been.

When Elder Andersen came and had President share the story of his dad - after he sat down Elder Andersen asked if the missionaries had ever seen the footage of Elder McConkie's final testimony. President said no. Then very frankly Elder Andersen suggested that he show it to us. So we ended this zone conference by watching Bruce R. McConkie's final testimony. Way cool. Then we closed with "I Believe in Christ." It was very sweet.

THEN we got new phones. I'm rocking a blackberry. :)

I love the work. I love the people I work with. They have such an incredible culture.

Well I gotta go. Sorry this is so short. Let me know if there is anything specific you'd like me to write about next week. I love you all!

Now go do some missionary work - and think of me :)

Elder Stoneman

No comments:

Post a Comment