Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Hey, Home!

How’s it going back in Utah? I hope all is well. Thanks for the letters Mom and Max. Loved them.

My last few days in Goose Creek were awesome. I stopped to see both convert families. They were devastated. I’m not gonna lie... it was really hard to say goodbye. They are so awesome. They showed their gratitude for me. They thanked Heavenly Father for sending me and for the gospel and for bringing their families closer together.

So then I packed up and left.

Then transfers. I’m not in Greenville (Elder D was wrong!) I’m actually in Columbia. Wow. I’m in the Windsor Lake Ward area. It's awesome. The area is way cool. Big trailer parks! Love those :) And there isn't as much biking to do. We also have more monthly miles allowed us on the car.

President announced my name at transfers... with a surprise calling - District Leader. Man, I didn't expect that one, President. Seriously. I wasn't expecting anything. But I am excited for it. I get to learn me some leadership. boo yah.

The district is made up of just me and my comp and a set of sisters. The sisters were very excited to hear that my sister served a mission.

My new comp is Elder A. He's only been out 2 transfers and this is his greeny area. He's a good guy. Really cool. We get along great. He's from Ogden

We're working with a great couple. Other than that, we need to build the teaching pool.

The ward itself is awesome. Okay, let me say this... they are "The Friendliest Ward on Earth" ... that is their claim.... literally. Apparently the First Presidency knows about it type thing... and they make sure everyone knows it and believes it. It's awesome. The bishop is really nice and caring. The ward mission leader... amazing. He knows how to do it. Very missionary minded.

Well that's really about it. I’m gonna jet... but all is well... I think I covered almost everything but if you have more questions about the area of whatever... shoot them to me and I’ll answer them next week.

Love ya!

Elder Stoneman

No comments:

Post a Comment