Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tres Familias

January 11, 2010

Mammy and Jumpy...are those the new names? haha. How are you both doing? I miss you a lot... and the rest of mah peeps... but I’m having a lot of fun. I hope all is well with you two! Mom, I glanced at your letter and congrats on the 7 1/2 year mark in the choir! Freakin sweet. I love the MoTab CDs. Hey bytheway, do you know a Robert Wood in the choir? He also plays piano up at the U. This guy is Elder Wood's dad. I sat next to Elder Wood on the flight over here. Way cool guy. He and I are also in the same district and have become way good buddies.

Oh! Last week Elder Johnson and I went to the mall to get him a new pair of shoes before going home. I kept hearing from the other elders how awkward it is going to the mall as a missionary. In my mind I was thinking... "It won't be that bad." Well, we went and 10 seconds into Sears, it was like "....uh... get me outa here...!" haha. It was alright though... I got me some soft-serve, calmed it down, strolled the mall and looked around with big eyes.... haha. I ended up buying me a sweater (bytheway... IT'S FREAKIN COLD) and I charged it onto the card and then pulled out some cash... it was just under 50, Mom.

Tenemos tres familias nuevas como investigadores. Son chidos. Y todos viven atras del Piggly Wiggly. We call them our Piggly Wiggly families. They are way cool. One of the families, the Hernandez, we found last Monday night, knocking into them. We contacted the mom and she wasn't very interested. Afterwards, Elder Johnson asked if there was anything that we could do for her because we also help/serve the people. She asked, "Like what?" and Elder Johnson said well whatever... like translating or whatever they needed. She then very humbly asked us to help her 7 year old son with his homework because it was in English and she and her husband didn't understand very well. It was a way cool experience. The kids are way cute too. There's one who's 3, his name is Randy... he's hilarious.

Francisco came to church again... even though once again we didn't get to see him all week. We just left a note telling him the right ward to go to and he CAME! Things are looking good for him.

It has been a very good week. This past week we have really upped our numbers to meet the mission standard. it's not about numbers though right? :) haha Seriously though, we have found some awesome people and taught some really great lessons.This past week we found 15 new investigators. We have quite a few of those as well as our other investigators on a baptismal date. Que chido.

Letters and pics are coming this week. Mol, I got your package. Thank you!!! Que bueno. Te amo. I’ll be scoring the pics at Walmart today and send them out to everyone. I was looking through and noticed that I don't have many of myself... I’ll apologize in advance. But the pics are still way cool and a few funny ones.

Well I’m wrapping up quick today... off to get a missionary haircut. Ohhhhh yeah!!
Love you all and look forward to the mail. Talk to you next week.

Love ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment