Friday, December 11, 2009

The News From Goose Creek

Man! What a crazy week. It went by so fast. The mission field is so great. So here it is P-day again. It seriously feels like I just emailed yesterday.

So yeah. Thanks to all who wrote. I got an email from Mom, Ben, Steve Hatch and Sky – (thanks for putting me on your email list!) So... what’s this about the Max?!? That's freakin sweet! Felicidades! Max, when Hillary swears you in.... don't let her pull a "Jeanie" and kiss you okay? haha

Mom last night I got to go to the ward and watch the Christmas Devotional. We were encouraged to bring investigators... no luck... haha but we still went. It was good though. Loved it. I even got to see my mother. dot buther. Christmas music is the bomb. In the car we listen to HIMNOS - we're on Christmas cd’s. I set up my cd player in the house and we listen to all the cd's I brought.... except (don't laugh) the showtime one... haha it's a rule... no showtune MoTab. haha

Elder Johnson is awesome. He's so hard working and pretty funny. I’m so grateful I’m with him and that I can develop the good habits I’ll need as a missionary.Llast week though was a little slow. We're still trying to find areas. We're about to 13 areas that we move around in. The areas are so spread apart that we do a lot of biking (we are limited to about 30 miles driving in the car a day)... which can be a bit nippy in the evenings. Mom I may buy a sweater at wally world today... and possibly a beanie and gloves. Elder Johnson said that Jan and Feb. get pretty chilly.

So p-days are awesome. Last week we went to office max and with the help of an angry lady we made large copies of our area map. We made our map and it's up on our wall. We've dotted investigators, leads, members, less-actives... it feels like we're planning this huge terrorist attack as we plan every night... intensely looking at our map deciding what to do and where to go. I hope no one walks in on us one night. hahaha We go to the library (bytheway I’m an official library card owner in the Berkeley library ... holla) and we get an hour on internet time. After I write this email I’m going to try and figure out sending pics. Anyway so p-day includes doing laundry (there's laundromat in our complex), wally world, weekly [planning, and possibly a ciesta. Elder Johnson and I do a lot of cooking. The ward missionary feeding coordinator has been out of town so we're not on a feeding calendar yet. but we talked to her on Sunday and she already had some ideas for this week. We've been to one member dinner appointment.

Mom and Dad you were right... there was some pretty intense rain... honestly I have never seen rain like that before EVER! The crazy thing was that it was so warm during the rain too. The day started off cold and got warm and then just dumped! Perfect weather for a... yup you guessed it... tornado. haha We were on a tornado watch! What?!??! We got a message from our district leader... about 6 hours late... saying we were on tornado watch. Then Elder Johnson and I were leaving the apartment in our car and it was just coming down like crazy... I mean dumping BUCKETS... then we got a voicemail message from our zone leaders saying, "Sister McConkie has confirmed that we are in a storm watch.... for those of you who haven't ALREADY noticed... go home..." Crazy night. that was last Wednesday. We haven't had any serious weather since... but it's been cold.

So our investigators currently are: Lucio, Saul (both came to church yesterday) Mario and Elton. Ben and max - Elton is from brazil. he speaks Portuguese and we're getting him a livro de mormon. In fact we are finding SO many Brazilians... about a fifth of our findings. Kinda crazy. so we are getting Portuguese pamphlets and BoM's etc. pretty cool.

Hey actually I’m about out of time for sending pics... next week I promise. Well I love you all. I hope to hear form you all soon. hint hint. :) Send me hard mail too. I’ve yet to get anything in my mailbox. First person gets a prize. :) Love you all and know that I’m working hard and loving it. And you're all in my prayers.

Nos vemos.

No comments:

Post a Comment