Monday, April 11, 2011

Transfer Prep!

Hello Family.

Conference was awesome! Elder Gonzalez is our area authority and I loved his talk when he committed the entire world to be baptized. He tops our group baptismal commitment that we give on base. There were so many great talks. Elder Holland’s testimony was amazing. It was totally different from any other conference talk I’ve heard. The music was great too. It was great to see you mom!

Last weekend was pretty crazy. Even though it was conference weekend, we still had services on base. Conference doesn't start until 12 so we were able to stay and teach and baptize and still make it to conference. The soldiers came. So did President McConkie. I asked him if he wanted to teach the investigator class. He did. He got up and started to teach. The soldiers were in awe. One of the members was so pumped he asked if president would keep coming back. Haha. I ended up helping president out in the lesson. We taught the message of the restoration together. Neat experience. Two soldiers raised their hands - Brother D and Brother C. It was their first time and a member had brought them. I will teach them both tomorrow - if they're ready, they will be baptized.

Then we went to the Sunday morning session and L brought his wife and daughter. We weren't able to hook up the translation - so his wife didn't understand. Bummer. But she has really opened up to us and the church.

In between sessions, we had L’s baptismal service. President and Sister MccConkie came. We had a huge turnout from the ward. I baptized him. The spirit was so strong when Bro B confirmed him. President spoke and we had another one of his fellowshippers speak. L will be a solid member. He’s got such a strong testimony. He is one of the favorite people that I’ve met out here. I know that I was sent to teach him. I’ve worked with him since around Christmas time.

So after conference weekend, the week got even crazier. We’ve been running around getting ready for transfers. Elder T is leaving. I will get a new comp. I still can’t tell you who it is... but he is a very cool guy. I am really looking forward to serving with him. He’s been a good friend of mine on the mission for about a year now and he is great. We are going to tear it up... and then we’ll need some humbling and divine help when the new president comes in order to help him with a smooth transition.

We have new missionaries coming in on Monday. I love new missionaries... they are so fun. We have been prepping for them.

One of the zones this last month was a baptizing zone. They had 16 confirmations in March. We took them to the temple to do a session and Sister McConkie fed us lunch. It was a great. Spiritually uplifting. President gave some great words.

I’ve written bout the B family... the convert fam down in Charleston. Well they went through the temple last week. When we visited the zone, we saw them there. It was so great to see them in the celestial room. I spoke with them for a bit.

Well I wrote early this morning because I’m off to Gaffney for a blitz. We'll work there during the day and then come back and make all the transfer phone calls to the missionaries.

Love ya!

Elder Stoneman

No comments:

Post a Comment