Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Crazy Week!

Wow... a lot is going on back home... sounds like a crazy week. Hope everyone is doing okay. How about the rest of the gang? Are you both healthy? What’s Grandma's recovery looking like? Send my love to Aunt Suzi. Well all I can say is be safe and you're all in my prayers. It has been a crazy week for me too... where to begin...?... The beginning is probably the best haha

Sunday - I taught the investigator class on base. So awesome! The spirit was very strong. I made sure that there was a lot of participation from the soldiers. It made the ones who were dozing off be a little more attentive. Anyway it was a success. At the end, four soldiers raised their hands wanting to be baptized. One of them is particularly solid, named brother A. He is way cool. Very humble. He will be baptized tomorrow. Brother S passed the sacrament.

Sunday night we went down to Charleston for another missionary fireside for the stake. One of the best ones yet! President McConkie spoke and just tore it up. I took a lot of good notes.

Monday - I went with one of my old companion Elder A (who is serving in west Columbia now) on exchanges for the evening. We had a good time reminiscing, He was probably one of my funniest comps. We taught this very Catholic lady who felt the spirit, but then told us "but I’m Catholic." Afterwards I took Elder A to help teach L. It was a rough lesson – the kids were running around screaming. And then to top it off, my allergies turned into a cold. I’ve been sick and fighting it ever since. Monday night was a rough one.

Tuesday - interviews BACK in Charleston. We had a good time. I was a bit out of it with my cold. Before heading back to Colombia we went and taught with some of the missionaries. I got to see E - he leaves for his mission in two weeks! He also told me that F will be interviewed this week or next for the Melchezidek priesthood.

Wednesday - We went up to Camden for L. That night we visited him to try and make some plans for his baptism.

Thursday - Interviews in Columbia. Rough day. Sick like a dog.

Friday - L was interviewed this morning for baptism! He will be baptized Sunday at 2:30 with a waterside confirmation due to general conference.There it is. The gist of my week. I am feeling better. And so excited. L is the man. His testimony is so strong. He took us out to dinner last night at Cici's pizza (where his wife works) and we went over the interview questions. He is beyond prepared.

Well I’m so grateful. And off to my day!
Love,
Elder Stoneman

No comments:

Post a Comment