Monday, December 6, 2010

Adios Charleston

Hey Fam: Things are going great. Mom, I DID see the devotional. So great. I saw you multiple times. It was fun trying to point you out to the other missionaries. They thought it was so cool... and then they started pointing you out by themselves. "No... She’s THAT one..." one missionary would say to another... haha.. I’m excited for the package. I don't need anything in particular. I’m good. I’ll be sending home my package today.

R’s baptism was great. The spirit was so strong. He just loved it. The baptism was on Wed. because J wanted to be there. We had F speak at it. His testimony is so strong. Afterwards we went over to his house and ate dinner. He and P are so anxious to take the temple classes.

The confirmation went well too... R began to cry... very touching. And then later in Spanish Gospel Principles class he introduced himself and told his conversion story. He told about how we came to visit him, and he didn't have time for us - so we left a card. A few months later a friend came up to him talking about how he wanted to go to the Mormon church but didn't know where to find it... And then he said – “Well, I’ve got a card of theirs, so let's call them... “ And you know the rest. He told the story and it was way funny especially how he didn't have time for us... everyone loved it.

The 1st pres devotional was really cool. R, A and M came. They really liked it too.

I got the phone call about transfers... I’m leaving Charleston on Wednesday. One of the assistants said that I’m staying a zone leader and will be opening a new area.

I’m really sad to be leaving. I have been in Charleston for a year. I love it. I would really love to show it to ya'll one day. There are great people here. My goodbyes are going to be packed the next few days. I can already tell. I got swarmed after church yesterday. I’m going to miss everyone and the area so much.

Well, that’s it... love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment