Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Sam Bought a Cow?

Thanks Mom and Dad for the letters. Give Aunt Suzi my best. And drive safe.

Hahaha Sam I can’t believe you bought a cow. I hope it has a cool name. Herman the blowfish was my favorite and probably tops them all.

Mom, thanks for the package. And for the cash. Elder Douglas and I went to lizard’s thicket again.

It has been a good week.

Sunday, we had a miracle baptism. Remember Brother J? He came about a month ago. He was committed to baptism and all set. He was so cool. When I taught him, he knelt and prayed with me and had an awesome experience. The next week was graduation, but he was staying at Fort Jackson for AIT. Ever since, he hasn't showed up. Well Sunday, he just showed up with a recent convert. We reviewed a few things and then I asked him, if he was ready and he said yes. The recent convert ended up performing the baptism. It was so cool.

On Tuesday we had zone leader council. President’s last one. He’s to the point where he is doing all of his "lasts." According to the brethren, "the 4th year is always the hardest." Tell Uncle Dan to get pumped!

Elder Douglas and I re-did the transfer board at both the office and at the mission home. We changed the style of it and now it just looks sweet!

Thursday, we went out with a companionship and we both had awesome days. I taught this cool family who home schools their children. Way nice and humble people.

It was so hot. I forgot how bad it got last year. Yikes. At the end of the day, the craziest storm came in. the lightning and wind were nuts. Elder Douglas and I drove home and there was a traffic jam on the freeway at 1015. We were safe - no worries mom. When we pulled into our apartment complex, it was just pitch black. The power was out. It was a little ghetto, but we survived. The next morning it came back on.

Yesterday was such a fun day. We had the west Columbia zone leaders call their zone and set up appointments all day. We went all around visiting the investigators throughout the zone. It was so fun. I taught a few Spanish families. One of them knows L. And they can't believe that "he's a Mormon." hahaha It’s a small world in the Spanish community. I loved being able to do some Spanish work this week. It was a blast. I also taught a Brazilian lady. I’m brushing up on my Portuguese.

We also taught a few others of the investigators. They were so cool. We helped firm them up for baptism and committed a few new ones to baptism as well.

This upcoming week, we start zone conference. It is the final one. We’ll give President his gift and do a few other things. He’ll have some final words and that's it. It’s so crazy. He only has like 3 weeks left. I’m nervous. It’ll be fun though.
Love ya

Elder Stoneman

No comments:

Post a Comment